Centre for Robotics and Nonlinear Dynamics
Centre Head: Dr. M.Thangavel Ph.D (IITB)
Robots play a major role in industrial automation, nuclear system maintenance, defense applications, under water exploration, space exploration, surgery, agriculture and in domestic activities. Our centre concentrates on the design and analysis of robots useful for some of the above applications.
Secondly, all the real world problems are nonlinear and hence, knowledge in nonlinear tools is needed for their design and analysis. To mention a few, to understand robot dynamics and control, instrument design, inter-atomic collision in nuclear reactors, textile machinery design, design and analysis of semiconductors, weather forecasting, to develop medical diaganostic backage and to study machinery/structural vibration knowledge in nonlinear dynamics is needed. Our research centre concentrates on the design and development of experiments and tools to investigate the nonlinear phenomena associated with real world problems.
- To design and develop robotics systems for space exploration, defence application, and nuclear system maintenance.
- To design and develop nonlinear tools/models for modeling and analysis of space robotic systems, textile machinery, missile guidance, biomechanical/biomedical systems, and nuclear system dynamics.
Projects in Robotics
- Design and Control of Solar powered wheeled - leg robot.
- Design and Control of Autonomous Robot.
- Mr.Arun Kumar, Mr.Abdul Aziz Abdul Gani, Mr. Mohamed Uzair, Mr.Gnana Prakash
- Dynamics and control of single degree of freedom robotic arm with flexible joint.
- Mr.K.Sathishthamarai Selvan, Mr.G.Sakthivel, Mr.S.Vignesh, Mr.V.Vasanthan
- Design of robotic test-rig for the determination of rock drilling force.
- Design, fabrication and control of six-legged walking robot.
- Mr.M.K.Balaji, N.Mallikarjun, Mr.S.Murugan, B.Nirmal
- Kinematic analysis of 5 axis manipulator with indexing type end-effector.
- Mr.Arunkumar Ragunathan, Mr.K.A.Deepak, Mr.J.Kirubakaran, Mr.Sandeep Kumar
- Development of Swarm robots for defense application.
- Design and development of flexible long reach robotic manipulator.
- Design and Fabrication of Automatic Feeding Mechanism.
- Mr.Selvakumar, Mr.Arunagiri, Mr.Perumal Chetty, Mr.Sanaullah
Projects in Embedded Systems
- I-Fuel Indicator - completed
- E-Cultivation - completed
- Automatic Fabric-Quality-Testing - completed
- Automatic Washing Machine - completed
- Blind's Guider - completed
- Electronic Note Book and Book - under progress
- Battery operated Car - under progress
- Regenerative Shock Absorber - under progress
Projects in Nonlinear Dynamics
- Design and analysis of nonlinear leg attachment for Space/Medical application.
- Design and analysis of Shuttling system for textile application.
- A Bistable model for missile guidance.
- Nonlinear control of inersia varying system.
- An impacting system for biomechanic/biomedical application.
- An experimental model for studying inter-atomic collision inside nuclear reactor.
Product Innovations ( work is under progress for patenting )
- Nonlinear Leg Attachment
- Arecanut cover peeling machine
- Palm tree climbing robot
- High precision motion transmission system
- A six bar linkage based machanism for fuel level indicator
A word of motivation...
"If your state is not interested in your technology then work for the country
If your country is not interested in your technology then work for the world
If the world is also not interested in your technology then work for your own satisfcation
Because, there is a thrill in pursuing science and technology"
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Sona College of Technology, Salem.
Ph. : 0427 - 4099704.
Email : email@example.com