Centre for Robotics and Nonlinear Dynamics
Centre Head: Dr. M.Thangavel Ph.D (IITB)
Mr.Vinny Daniel David
Mr. A.R. Venkataramanan
Robots play a major role in industrial automation, nuclear system maintenance, defense applications, under water exploration, space exploration, surgery, agriculture and in domestic activities. Our centre concentrates on the design and analysis of robots useful for some of the above applications.
Secondly, all the real world problems are nonlinear and hence, knowledge in nonlinear tools is needed for their design and analysis. To mention a few, to understand robot dynamics and control, instrument design, inter-atomic collision in nuclear reactors, textile machinery design, design and analysis of semiconductors, weather forecasting, to develop medical diaganostic backage and to study machinery/structural vibration knowledge in nonlinear dynamics is needed. Our research centre concentrates on the design and development of experiments and tools to investigate the nonlinear phenomena associated with real world problems.
- To design and develop robotic systems for space exploration, defence application, and nuclear system maintenance.
- To design and develop nonlinear tools/models for modeling and analysis of space robotic systems, textile machinery, missile guidance, biomechanical/biomedical systems, and nuclear system dynamics.
Projects under progress
M.E. - 05
B.E. - 11
Patent Application Under Preparation
- Mechanism for automating screw type motion. (Mr. V.Sangeethkumar)
- Mechanism with constant transmission angle. (Mr.V.Sangeethkumar)
- Design and development of flight simulator with adjustable high frequency capability. (Mr. A.M.Prabulingam)
- Knee joint for prosthetic application. (Mr. Manojkumar)
- Wave energy harnessing device (3) (Mr.Vinny Daniel David)
- Mobile manipulator. (Mr. Vinny Danial David)
- Modified harmonic drive. (Mr. Tamarai selvan)
- Multi-fingered under actuated hand. (Mr. S.Natrajan)
- Multi functional endeffector. (Mr. Thiru venkata karthick)
- Variable diameter pulley for automotive application. (Mr. Mohan Ram)
- Manually operated light weight tree-climbing machine. (Mr. Sasikumar)
- Robot-endeffector interface with lateral and torsional compliance. (Mr. Vinny Danial David)
Project Carried out
Design, Kinematics & Dynamics of Robotic Manipulator (VSSC, Trivandrum)
- Design and Control of Solar powered wheeled - leg robot.
- Design and Control of Autonomous Robot.
- Mr.Arun Kumar, Mr.Abdul Aziz Abdul Gani, Mr. Mohamed Uzair, Mr.Gnana Prakash
- Dynamics and control of single degree of freedom robotic arm with flexible joint.
- Mr.K.Sathishthamarai Selvan, Mr.G.Sakthivel, Mr.S.Vignesh, Mr.V.Vasanthan
- Design of robotic test-rig for the determination of rock drilling force.
- Design, fabrication and control of six-legged walking robot.
- Mr.M.K.Balaji, N.Mallikarjun, Mr.S.Murugan, B.Nirmal
- Kinematic analysis of 5 axis manipulator with indexing type end-effector.
- Mr.Arunkumar Ragunathan, Mr.K.A.Deepak, Mr.J.Kirubakaran, Mr.Sandeep Kumar
- Development of Swarm robots for defense application.
- Design and development of flexible long reach robotic manipulator.
- Design and Fabrication of Automatic Feeding Mechanism.
- Mr.Selvakumar, Mr.Arunagiri, Mr.Perumal Chetty, Mr.Sanaullah
A word of motivation...
"If your state is not interested in your technology then work for the country
If your country is not interested in your technology then work for the world
If the world is also not interested in your technology then work for your own satisfcation
Because, there is a thrill in pursuing science and technology"
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Sona College of Technology, Salem.
Ph. : 0427 - 4099704.
Email : email@example.com